I’ve never really been a “shoe person”…. footwear was just never ever my thing. I could stare at a dress for seconds and instantaneously spot a loose thread, a wonky stitch or an uneven hemline. But when it came to shoes, I never quite understood the art. You see, my subconscious mind had me thinking confidence was something that was up in the sky, not down on your feet. Little did I know that the spring in your step resonates right from the soles of your feet to the twinkle in your eye.
Recently, I’ve noticed an increased allocation of my (window) shopping time has been apportioned to shoes… heels in particular, not just any footwear and I must say…. I like it! I’m not quite the expert (yet), so I still can’t tell when I need insoles from when I need gel arch inserts but who knows, in no time I might be the next Carrie Bradshaw.
Below is a diary of my shoe lust list. Shoe aficionados, your thoughts please!
Lust: Aquazurra Wild Thing Sandals *drools hopelessly*
Love: Zara Knotted High Heel Sandals
Like: Valentino Rockstud Ankle Strap
Love: Zara High Heel Strappy Sandals (Don’t these remind you of Sophia Webster’s Lacey Crystals?)
Love: Sophia Webster Evangeline (those angel wings will have your feet feeling- and looking- like a goddess! If only Hermes was a woman!)
Ps: Thanks to everyone that sent BBMs, left comments, sent messages and had conversations with me about blogging again. Much appreciated *Kisses*
In a bid to make Taiwo jealous, I invited Laolu (her best friend) for lunch with me today. You see, Taiwo and I work in the same building, but she got the whole week off and has been rubbing it in my face all day. Pictures speak a thousand words and so as Laolu wolfed down his TFC fried rice, I snuck in a picture and immediately whatsapped it to her. My plan worked. She was jealous. Please see below:
Laolu is easily one of our best dressed male friends- and he probably knows it (LOL)! I dug up pictures I took of him over Christmas and decided to share what an ‘Oh-so-Dapper’ Friday look should resemble. Gentlemen… please take note!
1. The usual khaki Friday trousers are a staple in every man’s wardrobe. Nothing else screams “Business Casual”.
2. A plain blue (or pale pink) shirt sings untold harmonies when paired with khaki. No pinstripes or checked shirts required, just plain vanilla.
3. A pocket square is always a winner be it a formal or casual look. If it matches your shirt/tie, you’re definitely winning!
4. Laolu has on a simple pair of plimsoles. I never would have thought it, but they work!
5. An expensive watch/belt/Man Bag will always sail you through to top points!!! I like anything but Hermes! That massive ‘H’ drives me insane, however, I do appreciate that it’s top quality so I can’t knock anyone down for it.
Below are the pictures of Big LA I dug up from Christmas…
Ps: Note to Taiwo: Revenge is a dish best served cold, enjoy! Muhahaha
Pps: Ladies, Laolu is taken, you can stop drooling now *giggles*
Ppps: It was Laitan’s tradition wedding over the weekend. She looked beautiful. Can’t wait for the pictures to come out!