As with every Saturday in Lagos there was a wedding to attend on Saturday August 9. This Saturday was special though, it was Solape and Dipo’s wedding. I’ve known Solape since JS1 (year 7) and it just so happens that we also work on the same team in the office, so it goes without saying that we spend a lot of time together .
For the longest time, I couldn’t figure out what to wear and I wasn’t about to spend any more money on wedding season (Aso Ebi is so expensive)! So I sifted through my wardrobe and was lucky enough to re-discover my ROF monochrome maxi from the 2012 “Re-Belle” Collection. I’d only worn it once and it was begging for another showcase.
Below are pictures of Wura, Ilobe, Taiwo and I as we headed out to #SolaDipo2014, hope you like….
I love the Palm trees at the top of this picture. It makes you feel like you’re in an exotic country with perfect weather and beautiful views.
Wura in a Virgos Lounge skirt and locally made buba. I suspect she’s got MAC’s ‘Flat out Fabulous’ on. LOVE this pose!
Ilobe in a draped back maxi dress, Salvatore Ferragamo bag and brown loubs!!!!
Taiwo’s Iro and draped neck Buba material was sourced from one of my Mum’s trips to India! Her necklace was an Accessorize gift from one of my Besties, Bukky!
Republic of Foreigner 2012 “Re-Belle” Collection. Blue KG shoes for a pop of colour and a complementary fishtail braid.
Ps: I don’t have to explain the title “Best Foot Forward” do I? It’s kinda obvious….
In a bid to make Taiwo jealous, I invited Laolu (her best friend) for lunch with me today. You see, Taiwo and I work in the same building, but she got the whole week off and has been rubbing it in my face all day. Pictures speak a thousand words and so as Laolu wolfed down his TFC fried rice, I snuck in a picture and immediately whatsapped it to her. My plan worked. She was jealous. Please see below:
Laolu is easily one of our best dressed male friends- and he probably knows it (LOL)! I dug up pictures I took of him over Christmas and decided to share what an ‘Oh-so-Dapper’ Friday look should resemble. Gentlemen… please take note!
1. The usual khaki Friday trousers are a staple in every man’s wardrobe. Nothing else screams “Business Casual”.
2. A plain blue (or pale pink) shirt sings untold harmonies when paired with khaki. No pinstripes or checked shirts required, just plain vanilla.
3. A pocket square is always a winner be it a formal or casual look. If it matches your shirt/tie, you’re definitely winning!
4. Laolu has on a simple pair of plimsoles. I never would have thought it, but they work!
5. An expensive watch/belt/Man Bag will always sail you through to top points!!! I like anything but Hermes! That massive ‘H’ drives me insane, however, I do appreciate that it’s top quality so I can’t knock anyone down for it.
Below are the pictures of Big LA I dug up from Christmas…
Ps: Note to Taiwo: Revenge is a dish best served cold, enjoy! Muhahaha
Pps: Ladies, Laolu is taken, you can stop drooling now *giggles*
Ppps: It was Laitan’s tradition wedding over the weekend. She looked beautiful. Can’t wait for the pictures to come out!